Group Practice Information
Jenna Bell- Jumps (Ages 12-19) Tuesday & Thursday 6:00- 8:00 - Registration for this group is currently closed.
Alicia Bell- Sprints & Hurdles (Ages 12-19) Tuesday & Thursday 5:30 - 7:30 - Registration for this group is currently closed.
Stuart Smith- Mid distance/distance - accepting applications
Jack Harkness-Throws (Ages 15-18)
Sheree Mullings- MTA (Ages 12-19) Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00 - 7:30pm - Registration for this group is currently closed.
YUTC RegistrationFOR NEW MEMBERS
1. Please fill out the New Member Profile and email it to Jenna Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org
This document is intended to provide some basic information that will help develop a working understanding of the athlete, athlete parents and the coach. Please ensure you ask any questions you can think of… as every question is important!
New Member Profile
New Member Profile Instructions:
1. Save file to hard drive;
2. Fill in athlete and parent contact information using tab key to move between fields, formatting will be automatic;
3. Select correct membership option and age group;
4. Select standard uniform sizes and optional uniform pieces if desired;
5. Read & confirm Fundraising Commitment, Release Waiver & Indemnity and the Code of Conduct;
6. Total up fees and issue cheques;
7. Save file and email to your coach;
8. Save and/or print a copy for your files.
2. Contact Jenna Bellif you have problems with this form. Phone: 416-736-2100 x 20119 Email: email@example.com
3. Jenna Bell or the event coach will contact you to tell you if there is a space in the group for the athlete applying.
4. Fill out the Registration Form and bring it with your payments to your first practice.
YUTC 2013 Registration Forms
Registration Form Instructions:
1. SAVE this document to you hard drive USING a filename of your choice;
2. OPEN file and fill in all responses in the spaces provided (fields will format automatically, to move from field to field use the TAB key);
3. RE-SAVE the file;
4. EMAIL the completed file back to Coach Jenna Bell;
5. SAVE and/or PRINT a copy for your records.
• To develop a competitive athletics club primarily, but not exclusively for youth,In a way that fosters,
stimulates and promotes interest in amateur track and field athletics;
• Exemplifies integrity, honesty, sportsmanlike conduct and fair play;
• Causes a rise to the challenge through commitment, perseverance, persistence, reliability and dependability;
• Maximizes our athletic skills;
• Promotes wellness and safety;
• Fosters a sense of pride and confidence;
• Develops the ability to evaluate performance, set goals and strategies;
• Recognizes achievement and continuous improvement;
• Creates a fun, healthy environment and a sense of belonging to the club…
So that the York University Track & Field Club enables its members to realize their full potential.
• Athletes will not be permitted to practice with, or enter an event, until all YUTC Club Membership Forms have been signed, furnished with proof of age, and all fees paid, along with MTA and/or AO Registration form, where necessary.
• Athletes are required to compete and attend medal presentations in official YUTC Club Uniform. Athletes not wearing official YUTC Club Uniform will be responsible for their own entry fees for the following meet.
• Athletes are required to pay YUTC annual fees promptly when due.
• Athletes are required to adhere to their training programs and to compete to the highest level of their ability.
• Athletes who have been selected and entered in an event, who have been so notified, and do not attend said event, must reimburse the YUTC for the fees paid on their behalf. Fees must be paid BEFORE the athlete can be entered into the next competition event.
• If fees owed are not paid before the next event the athlete’s membership will be deemed “Not-in-Good-Standing” by the YUTC Executive Committee. Refer to By-Law #2: Membership Fees.
• Athletes are obligated to assist the YUTC in fund raising campaigns.
• Athletes are obligated to assist the YUTC in hosting of any events in which they are not competing.
• Athletes may be deemed “Not-In-Good-Standing” if they do not display good conduct when under the jurisdiction of the YUTC. The individual YUTC Athlete Membership status is SOLEY at the discretion of the YUTC Executive Committee.
• Any athlete wishing to protest an event must do so through a YUTC Coach present or, if no YUTC Coach is present, a YUTC Executive Committee member present.
• All YUTC athletes shall be responsible YUTC Coaches.
• Athletes are required to sign a “YUTC Code of Conduct” contract on an annual basis at the time of membership application and/ or membership renewal.
• Athletes shall comply with the provisions of the Policies and By-Laws of the YUTC.
• All Members will complete a YUTC application for membership and memberships can be applied for at any time of the year.
• The YUTC Membership Fees shall be determined by the YUTC Executive Committee each fiscal year.
• All YUTC Membership fees are for Coaching Services and Administrative Oeprating Cost and as such are NON-REFUNDABLE.
• As part of the YUTC membership fees, YUTC Members will pay a “Volunteer Fee” in lieu of working a minimum of 15 hours at a YUTC hosted event. Said Volunteer Fee cheque will be returned un-cashed upon completion of the required 15 hours of volunteer work. An athlete may designate a family member or other competent person, as determined by the YUTC Executive committee.
• A YUTC member is determined to be “Not-In-Good-Standing” if there are any fees outstanding. A YUTC Member deemed “Not-In-Good-Standing” may not enter any competition events until the outstanding fees are paid and the YUTC Executive Committee reinstates “In-Good-Standing” status to the individual YUTC member.
• In order to be re-instated, appeals to the status of an individual YUTC Membership must be made in writing to the YUTC Executive Committee. The Executive Committee will determine whether to re-instate a member without an interview, or within ten (10) days of receipt of the appeal by the Executive Committee, an interview with the Executive Committee and the YUTC Member in question will be conducted. The date of re-instatement is SOLEY at the discretion of the YUTC Executive Committee.
• A YUTC member that is determined to be “Not-In-Good-Standing” for violations of the YUTC Code of Conduct, or any other reason, and may not participate in club practices or enter any competition events until the Executive Committee reinstates “In-Good-Standing” status to the individual member.
• The status of an individual YUTC Membership is determined SOLELY at the discretion of the YUTC Executive Committee.
• The YUTC Executive Committee determines which competition events will be sponsored by the club.
• When the YUTC Executive Committee identifies a competition event in which travel is required, the Executive Committee may apply “Travel Support Restrictions”, which would limit the eligibility of athletes for travel with the team. These restrictions may include, but are not limited to, attendance at practice, general fitness level, current performance levels, effort at practice, behaviour at previous meets, etc.
• The Travel Support Restrictions are established SOLEY at the discretion of the YUTC Executive Committee.
• If travel to a competition event requires transportation only, a fee of $10 per athlete attending the competition will be required to be paid PRIOR to boarding the YUTC Team vehicle.
• If travel to a competition event requires transportation and lodging, a fee of $30 per night (including bus/vehicle fee) per athlete attending the competition will be required to be paid PRIOR to boarding the YUTC Team vehicle.
• All meals and any other incidental expenses will be the responsibility of each individual YUTC member.
• YUTC Members, Coaches and Executive Committee are responsible for all their own traveling expenses to / at and from competition events unless otherwise notified in writing by the Executive Committee.
• When NO overnight travel is required, YUTC Coaches and Executive Committee Members will be paid $20 per diem for travel expenses as an operating expense, while attending competition events with YUTC athletes.
• When overnight travel is required, YUTC Coaches and Executive Committee Members will be paid $30 per diem for travel expenses as an operating expense while attending competition events with YUTC athletes.
• When travel for YUTC business is required, YUTC Coaches and Executive Committee Members will be paid for travel expenses as an operating expense