Prof. Donald L. Carveth
Department of Sociology
1. Review of Blood Brothers: Siblings as Writers, edited by N. Kiell. Int. Rev. Psycho-Anal., 12, 2 (1985): 242-246.
2. Review of The Annual of Psychoanalysis, Vol. XV, Edited by the Chicago Institute of Psychoanalysis. Int. J. Psycho-Anal., 70, 3 (1989): 556-559.
3. Review of The Intersubjective Perspective, Edited by R.D. Stolorow, G.E. Atwood & B. Brandchaft. Contemp. Psych., 41, 4 (April 1996): 382-383. Intersubjectivity
4. Review Essay: Fairbairn and the Origins of Object
Relations, Edited by J.S. Grotstein &
5. Review of The New Kleinians
6. Review of Psychoanalysis, Science and Masculinity by Karl Figlio. Free Associations Vol. 9, Part 4, No. 52 (2002): 649-51. Figlio
7. Review of Releasing the Self: The Healing Legacy of Heinz Kohut by Phil Mollon. Contemp. Psych., 48, 5 (October 2003): 637-8. Mollon
8. Review of Freud's Theory of Culture: Eros, Loss, and
Politics by Abraham Drassinower.
9. Review of Edoardo
Weiss: The House that Freud Built by Paul Roazen.
10. Review of Lust by Michael Eigen. Clio's Psyche:
Understanding the "Why" of Culture, Current Events, History, and
Society 13, 2
(September 2006): 100-102. Reprinted in
11. Review of The Joy of All Who Suffer: Icons of the Mother of
12. Review of Tète-à-Tète : Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre
by Hazel Rowley (2005).
13. Review of Erik Erikson and the American Psyche: Ego, Ethics,
and Evolution by Daniel Burston (2007).
14. Review of Conservatives Without Conscience by
John Dean and The Authoritarians by Robert Altemyer.
Literary Review of
15. Review of Prohibition of
Don't Look: Living Through Psychoanalysis and Culture in
16. Review of A Dark Trace: Sigmund Freud on the Sense of Guilt by Herman Westerink (2009). Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences A Dark Trace
Contributions to the Theory of the Superego, Guilt and Conscience." Review
of Eli Sagan. Freud, Women, and Morality: The Psychology of Good
and Evil; Herman Westerink. A Dark
Trace: Sigmund Freud on the Sense of Guilt; Bernard Barnett. You
Ought To! A Psychoanalytic Study of the Superego and Conscience; Annie
Reiner. The Quest for Conscience and the Bir43th
of the Mind.
18. Review of Guilt and Its Vicissitudes:
Psychoanalytic Reflections on Morality by Judith M. Hughes.
19. "Working Through Guilt and Regret: An Emergent Psychoanalytic Paradigm?" Review of The Anatomy of Regret: From Death Instinct to Reparation and Symbolization Through Vivid Case Studies by Susan Kavaler-Adler. Clio's Psyche: Understanding the "Why" of Culture, Current Events, History, and Society 21, 2 (September 2014): 233-235.
20. Review of The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert. Journal of Psychohistory 42, 3 (Winter 2015): 257-260.
Resurrected. Review of The
Radical Humanism of Erich Fromm by Kieran Durkin. Journal of Psychohistory 43, 2 (Fall 2015):
147-155. Reprinted in
22. Review of Guilt: Origins, Manifestations,
and Management. Margaret S. Mahler Series. Ed. by S. Akhtar. New York:
Jason Aronson, 2013.
23. Review of Psychological Perspectives on Religion and Religiosity by Benjamin Beit-Hallahmi. London & New York: Routledge, 2015. Jorunal of Psychohistory (Fall, 2016).