Academic Requirements: Technology Internship Program
Students interested in participating in the Technology Internship Program (TIP) must be 3rd year, full-time, Honours students majoring in one of the following programs and meet the academic requirements below prior to applying for the program.
All TIP Students:
- Have a minimum of 18 credits remaining to complete their Honours Degree upon enrollment in the internship program and a minimum of 9 credits remaining by the time they begin their internship (i.e. enroll in the Internship Work Term Course). Note: Once accepted into the program, students typically study full-time for at least one academic term while applying and interviewing for internship positions.
- Not have been absent for more than two consecutive years as a full-time student from their Honours Degree studies.
Astronomy and Physics Students:
- Successful completion of at least 9 PHYS credits at the 3000-level or higher.
- Maintain a GPA of 5.0 or better in PHYS courses overall.
- Successful completion of at least 9 BPHS or PHYS credits at the 3000 level or higher, including SC/BPHS 3090 3.00.
- Maintain a GPA of 5.0 or better in BPHS, BIOL, and PHYS courses overall.
Information Technology (ITEC) Students:
- Successful completion of at least 9 ITEC credits at the 3000-level from the list below:
- AP/ITEC 3010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design I (formerly ITEC 2010 3.00)
- AP/ITEC 3020 3.00 Web Technologies
- AP/ITEC 3210 3.00 Applied Data Communications and Networks
- AP/ITEC 3220 3.00 Using and Designing Databases
- AP/ITEC 3230 3.00 Designing User Interfaces
- AP/ITEC 3500 3.00 Risk Management
- AP/ITEC 3505 3.00 IT Project Management
- Maintain a GPA of 6.0 or better in ITEC courses.