Established in 2008, Youth Leadership in Educational Attainment through Partnerships in Scarborough is an initiative that delivers a coordinated, community based response to educational attainment in support of African Diasporic, racialized, marginalized, criminalized and low-income youth living in Toronto's east-end priority neighbourhoods through programs & courses.
Recruiting For: Our organization is looking for people to act as tutors for our after school students aged 14-18. The volunteers need to commit to one evening per week for 1.5 to 3 hours to tutor students in small groups; Tutor students with a range of abilities in subjects from grades 9 and 12.
- Specialize in at least one subject (Math, Sciences, English, French or Social Sciences);
- May be computer proficient to tutor in the computer lab.
- Some of our students benefit more from a one-to-one match with a volunteer tutor
- Share your motivation and background in becoming a volunteer
- Vvery patient and attentive because you will be working with a lot of youth
Programs: There is a high demand for math assistance, so preferably volunteers who are extremely well educated in math, calculus, data management, quadratics etc.
Number of Positions: 25
Application Method: Apply online or email resume to contact
How to Prepare: Bring resume and cover letter describing skills and educational experience