The MFAc is a graduate business degree and applicants need demonstrated competence in in business either through academic background or relevant work experience. To be considered for admission candidates should have either:
- An Honours Bachelor's Degree in Business
(A four year degree with a minimum B average in the final two years of study.)
- An Honours Bachelor's Degree in another field
(A four year degree with a minimum B average in the final two years of study and at least three years of demonstrated business experience and a GMAT test score of at least 550 to to demonstrate competency in business.)
- All applicants are expected to demonstrate some competency in accounting in their application either through academic study or work experience.
- Applicants with 3 year business degrees will have to show supplemental evidence of academic achievement through possession of a graduate diploma in business or a professional designation.
- Senior executives with distinguished careers in management but without the requisite academic background can have their applications considered on a case by case basis.