The Church was dedicated on March 17, 1878

Latvian and Estonian Lutherans arrived as refugees during and after WWII and the Soviet invasion. These two distinct nations were neighbours by the Baltic Sea. The church congregation is still two distinct groups each asked to raise equal amounts for the installation of the current windows.

St. Andrew's was originally a Presbyterian church. In 1951 Pastors Adolfs Cops and Otmar Pello worked together to purchase the property for both the Latvian and Estonian congregations. Both groups arrived in Canada as refugees from the occupation of their countries by the Soviet armies during WWII.