Up to 15 hours/week in Summer @ approx.$16.55/hour
Up to 10 hours/week in Fall/Winter @ approx. $16.55/hour
The Alumni, Fellows, & Career Exploration Coordinator is a student leader who supports the development and implementation of student success programming to support Alumni, Fellows, & Career Exploration in Calumet and Stong Colleges. Reporting to the Student Success Coordinator, the Alumni, Fellows, & Career Exploration Coordinator will support various initiatives throughout the academic year, develop and maintain a database of alumni and fellow contacts and support various Career Exploration events. This position will also support the development and implementation of an alumni and fellows strategy for Calumet and Stong Colleges and engage in research activities as needed.
This position reports directly to the Student Success Coordinator and works in cooperation with the Heads of Calumet & Stong Colleges, the Director, Student & Academic Services & Strategic Initiative, the Manager, Student Success and Stakeholder Engagement, the Faculty of Health Dean’s Office, the Student Success Coordinators, the Administrative and Events Coordinator, the Career Centre, the Office of Alumni Engagement and student organizations.
Work Performed – Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews all Calumet and Stong Colleges materials related to past Alumni, Fellows & Career Exploration initiatives
- Conducts literature searches and environmental scans and writes reports related to Alumni and Fellows engagement and Career Exploration
- Communicates with college administration and faculty members and attends all Calumet College and Stong College Offices’ team meetings as required
- Assists in analyzing the effectiveness of the Alumni, Fellows & Career Exploration program and initiatives e.g., evaluation forms, reflection exercises, etc.
- Works with the Calumet & Stong Colleges’ Office team, student leaders and internal and external partners to prepare and present a comprehensive plan for engaging alumni and fellows within Calumet and Stong Colleges
- Actively participates and contributes to the Colleges social media channels by posting, liking, commenting, tweeting or re-tweeting on Facebook and Twitter
- Maintains and updates a policy and procedure manual related to the Alumni, Fellows & Career Exploration program
- Participates in mandatory training and office orientation
- Maintains and updates a comprehensive set of records
- Consistently acts as a role model by abiding by the Student Code of Conduct; takes a proactive approach in building a community based on mutual respect, consideration and open-mindedness.
- Assists in the planning and execution of on-campus events including creating event materials and presentations and monitors registration for events
- Drafts communications and marketing text as requested
- Attends all training sessions and meetings, unless in direct conflict with a class, including regular update meetings with the Heads of the Colleges. Informs supervisors of any conflicts well in advance if attendance is not possible
- Completes other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- A commitment to student engagement, learning and peer mentorship
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in peer leading situations
- Computing competency with basic spreadsheets (Excel), word processing and knowledge of PowerPoint/Prezi is required
- Experience in program design is an asset
- Knowledge of Survey Monkey, MachForms and/or Event Brite (or desire to learn) is an asset
- Demonstrated participation in and/or knowledge of Student Success Programs at Calumet and Stong Colleges is required
- Knowledge of York’s services and resources for students and of campus life.
- Excellent communication skills: professional email/phone correspondence, public speaking and presentation proficiency
- Experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds/cultures
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and take on new initiatives
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as a member of a team with students, volunteers, staff and faculty
- Experience balancing multiple projects is an asset
- Students who are a good fit for this position are approachable, knowledgeable and open to learning about themselves and others. They will show high levels of Emotional Intelligence combined with excellent adaptability and organizational skills
To learn more about our Student Success programs please visit: https://www.yorku.ca/colleges/ccsc/student-success-programs/