Connects upper-year students to first-year and transfer students to help them transition into university, and connects graduate students and alumni to upper-level students to guide and provide advice about post-graduation career choices.
Peer Mentors are available to support the transition of their mentees both through 1:1 appointment as well as Group Sessions that foster a sense of connectedness with other new students.
Looking for a Peer Mentor?
- Peer Mentors are trained, upper year students, who can connect you with resources, share their experiences, and help you navigate your student experience
Peer Mentors support their mentees by:
- Answering any general university or program-specific questions.
- Directing mentees to the right supports and resources.
- Sharing their knowledge and experiences as an upper student.
- Sending weekly email communications with study tips, strategies to maintain optimal health and wellness, and upcoming events at Calumet and Stong Colleges and wider York University community.
For more information about our Peer Mentoring programs, please visit:
- Kinesiology and Health Science Student Organization (KAHSSO) Peer Mentoring Program
- Undergraduate Psychology Students' Association Peer Mentoring Program
- Student Association of Health Management, Policy, and Informatics (SAHMPI)
- Nursing Student Tutoring, Ambassadorship, and Mentorship Programs (NSTAMP)
- Global Health Student Association (GHSA) Peer Mentoring Program