Up to 15 hours/week in Summer @ approx.$16.55/hour
Up to 10 hours/week in Fall/Winter @ approx. $16.55/hour
The Agents of Change program supports Health students with the implementation of their own personal, community oriented, health-related initiative – from idea to implementation and evaluation. Established in 2013, the program aims to promote applied learning opportunities geared to addressing the Social Determinants of Health and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The program offers mentorship, networking opportunities and $500 in seed funding to help students actualize their ideas.
Reporting to the Student Success Coordinator, the Agents of Change Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the Agents of Change program.
This position reports directly to the Student Success Coordinator and works in cooperation with the Heads of Calumet & Stong Colleges, the Director, Student & Academic Services & Strategic Initiative, the Manager, Student Success and Stakeholder Management, the Student Success Coordinators, the Student Development Assistant, the Administrative & Events Coordinator, and student organizations.
Work Performed – Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews all Calumet and Stong Colleges materials related to the Agents of Change program
- Meets with Calumet and Stong Colleges leaders (Heads, staff leaders and student leaders) to gain an understanding of the background of the Agents of Change program, the vision and the work currently being undertaken within the Colleges
- Meets with Agents of Change recipients, and supports project delivery, with direction from Student Success Coordinator/direct supervisor.
- Attends and note-takes at all Agents of Change project events, as directed by Student Success Coordinator/direct supervisor.
- Conducts literature searches and environmental scans and writes reports related to the Agents of Change program
- Communicates with colleges administration and faculty members and attends all Calumet College and Stong College Offices’ team meetings as required.
- Assists in analyzing the effectiveness and quality of all aspects of the program, e.g. evaluation forms, attendance sheets, grades of participants
- Develop and maintain Agents of Change Communication Plan (Creating Marketing Materials, Updating Website, etc).
- Actively participates and contributes to the Colleges social media channels by posting, liking, commenting, tweeting or re-tweeting on Facebook and Twitter
- Maintains and updates a policy and procedure manual related to the Agents of Change program
- Participates in mandatory training and office orientation
- Maintains and updates a comprehensive set of records
- Consistently acts as a role model by abiding by the Student Code of Conduct; takes a proactive approach in building a community based on mutual respect, consideration and open-mindedness
- Assists in the planning and execution of on-campus events including creating event materials and presentations and monitors registration for events
- Attends all training sessions and meetings, unless in direct conflict with a class, including regular update meetings with the Heads of the Colleges. Informs supervisors of any conflicts well in advance if attendance is not possible
- Promotes the Agents of Change program through various channels
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A commitment to student engagement, learning and peer mentorship
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in peer leading situations
- Experience in program design is an asset
- Knowledge of Survey Monkey, MachForms and/or Event Brite (or desire to learn) is an asset
- Computing competency with basic spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (Word) and knowledge of PowerPoint/Prezi is required
- Proficiency in InDesign, Canva, Photoshop and movie and photography editing software is an asset.
- Videography and photography skills are also an asset
- Able to conduct photo shoots, video shoots, and design promotional materials using digital media
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong familiarity with WordPress, various forms of social media, Instagram/Youtube channel management and photography management systems as asset
- Demonstrated participation in and/or knowledge of Student Success Programs at Calumet and Stong Colleges is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Agents of Change program at Calumet and Stong Colleges is required
- Knowledge of York’s services and resources for students and of campus life
- Excellent communication skills: professional email/phone correspondence, public speaking and presentation proficiency
- Experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds/cultures
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and take on new initiatives
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as a member of a team with students, volunteers, staff and faculty
- Students who are a good fit for this position are approachable, knowledgeable and open to learning about themselves and others. They will show high levels of Emotional Intelligence combined with excellent adaptability and organizational skills
To learn more about the Agents of Change program and all of our Student Success programs please visit: https://www.yorku.ca/colleges/ccsc/student-success-programs/