Up to 15 hours/week in Summer @ approx.$16.50/hour
The New Student Transition Team Coordinator is a student leader who along with the New Student Transition Team Lead, supports the development and implementation of the York Orientation for Calumet and Stong Colleges. Reporting to the Student Success Coordinator, the New Student Transition Team Coordinator will assist with the overall leadership for the development, delivery and evaluation of Orientation. The Coordinator will work on the Executive Committee with the New Student Transition Team Lead Coordinator, the Calumet and Stong Colleges’ Offices team, YU START Leaders, Peer Leaders, students and internal and external partners to create an engaging and meaningful program to help new students develop a sense of belonging and excitement about the Calumet, Stong and York University communities.
This position reports directly to the Student Success Coordinator and works in cooperation with the Heads of Calumet & Stong Colleges, the Director, Student & Academic Services & Strategic Initiative, the Manager, Student Success and Stakeholder Engagement, the Student Success Coordinators, the Administrative & Events Coordinator, YU START Leaders, Peer Leaders, internal and external partners and student organizations.
Work Performed – Basic Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews all Calumet and Stong Colleges materials related to Orientation and New Student Transition
- Meets with Calumet and Stong Colleges leaders (Heads of Colleges, staff leaders and student leaders) to gain an understanding of the vision and the work currently being undertaken within the Colleges
- Conducts literature searches and environmental scans and writes reports related Orientation and New Student Transition
- Communicates with college administration and faculty members and attends all Calumet College and Stong College Offices’ team meetings as required.
- Assists in analyzing the effectiveness of the Orientation and New Student Transition program, e.g., evaluation forms, reflection exercises, etc.
- Actively participates and contributes to the Colleges social media channels by posting, liking, commenting, and sharing on Facebook, Instagram and other social media
- Maintains and updates a policy and procedure manual related to Orientation and New Student Transition
- Participates in mandatory training and office orientation
- Maintains and updates a comprehensive set of records.
- Consistently acts as a role model by abiding by the Student Code of Conduct; takes a proactive approach in building a community based on mutual respect, consideration and open-mindedness.
- Assists in the planning and execution of on-campus events including creating event materials and presentations and monitors registration for events
- Attends all training sessions and meetings, unless in direct conflict with a class, including regular update meetings with the Heads of the Colleges. Informs supervisors of any conflicts well in advance if attendance is not possible.
- Liaises with the Calumet and Stong Colleges Student Government/Council, and Student Success Centre regarding Parent Orientation, Social Orientation planning and centralized orientation activities.
- Liaises with the Student Success Centre including the YU START team at OSAS regarding the YU START program
- Designs, implements and evaluates academic orientation programming for Calumet and Stong Colleges.
- Utilizes Alf Lizzio’s Five Senses of Student Success model as a guiding conceptual framework and is informed by York’s pan-university academic orientation plan.
- Provides training to student leaders/teams for York Orientation ensuring that the training day is planned, organized, effectively facilitated and evaluated based on the achievements of pre-determined learning outcomes.
- Takes leadership for the development of an evidence based and theory/research informed First Year Series
- Completes other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- A commitment to student engagement, learning and peer mentorship
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in peer leading situations
- Computing competency with basic spreadsheets (Excel), word processing and knowledge of PowerPoint is required
- Experience in program design or policy planning is an asset
- Knowledge of Survey Monkey, MachForms and/or Event Brite (or desire to learn) is an asset
- Demonstrated participation in and/or knowledge of Student Success Programs at Calumet and Stong Colleges is required
- Knowledge of York’s services and resources for students and of campus life.
- Superior communication skills: writing, professional email/phone correspondence, public speaking and presentation proficiency
- Experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds/cultures
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and take on new initiatives
- Demonstrates strong time management skills
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as a member of a team with students, volunteers, staff and faculty
- Experience with program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrated participation in and/or knowledge of student success programs at Calumet and Stong Colleges is required
- Students who are a good fit for this position are approachable, knowledgeable and open to learning about themselves and others. They will show high levels of Emotional Intelligence combined with excellent adaptability and organizational skills
To learn more about Orientation at Calumet and Stong Colleges please visit: https://www.yorku.ca/colleges/ccsc/orientation/
To learn more about Student Success programs please visit: https://www.yorku.ca/colleges/ccsc/student-success-programs/