Our goal is to support and improve diversity, inclusion, and equity in the Physics and Astronomy (PHAS) Department at York.
Faculty Representative: Deborah Harris
Graduate Student Representative: Olga Andriyevska
Undergraduate Representative: Sarah Powell
Searching for a Postdoctoral Representative
- Celebrate diversity through events/workshops/materials in the department
- Introduce activities and initiatives to increase inclusivity in the department
- Create initiatives to reduce financial barriers to majoring or getting an advanced degree in PHAS
- Serve as liaison between different PHAS communities (undergraduates, graduates, postdoctoral visitors, staff, faculty)
- Facilitate and investigate PHAS department member EDI-related complaints
Wellness resources for York community:
Please see here for links to on campus resources to support mental health, and URGENT SUPPORT.
Please see here to find resources for support for students outside Ontario, learning resources and campus security.
Student-run Diversity in Physics Student Association web site can be found here
To reach us, please use email: our addresses are: deborahh at yorku.ca, olgaand at my.yorku.ca and spowell9 at my.yorku.ca