Home » Keele Undergraduate Residence » Maintenance Requests - Keele Campus

Maintenance Requests - Keele Campus


If this is an urgent repair request during regular office hours, please report it to Housing & Conference Services immediately at 416-736-5152. If this is an after-hours or weekend repair request that is considered an emergency, please contact Security Services at 416-650-8000 immediately and then submit an online request. Students living in Undergraduate Residence can contact their Don On Duty. Emergency repairs include major floods, broken windows or doors, loss of heating or cooling, loss of water (hot or cold) or other major repairs that cause immediate risk to residents or property. If this is not an emergency repair, Housing Operations will promptly respond during our regular hours of operation in priority sequence.

Having internet issues?

Check the UIT Service Status page to see if there is an outage.

If you are still experiencing issues, submit a Wireless Problem Reporting Form.

Submit an Online Maintenance Request

Maintenance requests are addressed based on the priority and urgency of the repair, during our regular hours of operations. Only the resident/leaseholder can submit maintenance requests. 

York Apartments: For a light bulb replacement please schedule a visit to the Housing Office. Please bring the burnt out light bulb for replacement.

Hours of Operations

Normal repair hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9:00am to 3:00pm on Friday's during the summer months, excluding statutory holidays.

We will normally respond to your request within three business days but repairs may take longer during peak move-in/out periods. Repairs that require the assistance of a licensed tradesperson or outside contractor will take longer to complete.

Residence Entry Authorization

Housing Services repair staff are authorized to enter rooms/suites to respond to submitted maintenance requests and attend to emergency repairs. Where repair persons are not permitted access into a room, area or suite to complete the requested repair, the resident will be required to resubmit their maintenance request. Repair work cannot be scheduled. 

Residents are not required to be present during the repair work, unless requested by the repair staff (e.g. to provide a more detailed account of the problem).

Contact Us

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: 


For phone, cable TV or internet issues, please complete the Problem Report Form through the InRes-Residence Phone Internet Service website. For more information, please visit

Step-by-Step Guide on How to Submit a Request

Step 1:
Log into the Housing Services portal.

Step 2:
Click on the Maintenance Tab.

Step 3:
Select the type of request you would like to submit from the toggle at the top of the page.

  • Room Requests - requests for your actual room space/apartment unit.
  • Shared Space Requests - requests for shared spaces within Undergraduate suite-style residences, i.e. an issue in the kitchen of a Pond suite or the living room in a Calumet suite.
  • Public Space Requests - requests for public spaces within your residence, i.e. a lightbulb out in a hallway, public bathroom or common room/area.

Step 4:
Select New Job to start a new request.

Step 5: Shared and Public Spaces
After selecting New Job you will be prompted to select the appropriate space to record where the repair is needed. Ensure that the space you are selecting is highlighted, if it isn't automatically highlighted then click once on the space. After selecting the space click Continue. 

Step 6:
Select the Category and then the Item that needs to be repaired, both fields are required. 

Step 7:
Enter the details of the issue in the Description, please be as specific as possible.

For example: When reporting a washer, dryer or elevator breakdown, please identify which one, i.e. dryer in G house laundry room. When requesting light bulb replacement in your room, please indicate whether the bulb is needed for reading lamp, desk or main light.

Step 8: Shared and Public Spaces
Residents have the option to enter information about the Cause of the issue. This field is not mandatory but can assist Housing & Conference Services investigate any potential damage charges. 

Step 9: York Apartments Room Requests
York Apartments residents must check off that by entering the maintenance request they agree to allow Housing Services staff member/Housing authorized service contractors (if applicable) to enter their unit to conduct repairs/services.

If you have any pets in your unit please let us know and make sure to secure your pet before providing access.

Step 10:
Once complete, submit your request by clicking Save & Continue.

Residents can view status updates in the portal. By selecting View residents will be able to see the full details the request. 

Privacy: Personal information in connection with this form is collected under the authority of The York University Act, 1965 and will be used for the administration of residence services including repairs, maintenance and other related or consistent purposes. Relevant information and emergency contact information will be shared with residence and other University staff for emergency management purposes. If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of personal information by York University, please contact Housing Services at yorkapts@yorku.ca (York Apartments) or undergradres@yorku.ca (Undergraduate Residence).

Note: Housing Services strives to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information contained on this website, however, we reserve the right to change any of the information at any time without notice.