The LAMPS laboratory facilitates ongoing research, dedicated to modeling studies of the West Nile virus and other vector-borne diseases. This laboratory hosts state of the art parallel computing hardware capable of executing high performance of parallel computations for the projects mathematical and statistical analysis of complex systems, large data sets and performance analysis.
LAMPS is a research and training laboratory in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, York University. It is funded by a new opportunity fund of Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) and the Ontario Innovation Trust (OIT). Its mandate is to support research on the project "Mathematical and Statistical Analysis of Complex Systems, Large Data Sets and Performance Analysis", a project led by Dr. Huaiping Zhu with members including Dr. Steven Wang and Dr. Zijiang Yang. This computing facility will be instrumental in expanding and accelerating the research programmes which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Modeling and simulations of nonlinear dynamics of systems in epidemioloy and ecology, as well as other life sciences
- Statistical clustering and classification of larger sets
- Performance analysis and data warehouse algorithms
- Collaborate with and engage faculty members , who hold similar interests, from across Canada and beyond
- Provide training in parallel scientific computing and numerical simulations for graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and visitors
- Create an environment of inter-disciplinary activities, seminars, workshops that would involve researchers, faculty and students from all levels
LAMPS is a reality because of support from Vice-President Research & Innovation, York Facilicities, The Faculty of Arts, The Faculty of Science, and the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. Special thanks also go to Tom Salisbury, and Jianhong Wu.
- Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Ontario
- PHAC: Foodborne, Waterborne and Zoonotic Infections Division
Centre for Infectious Disease Prevention and Control
Public Health Agency of Canada
- MRI: Ministry of Research and Innovation, Ontario.
An Early Researcher Award
- Public Health Ontario
- MITACS: Mathematics of Information Technology and Complex Systems
LAMPS on YFile - It's all in the numbers
|Ontario Climate Data Portal (OCDP)||Centre for Disease Modeling (CCDM)||One Health Modelling Network for Emerging Infections (OMNI)|
|York University, 4700 Keele Street|
|L.A.M.P.S.Department of Mathematics and Statistics|
Ross Building, York University, 4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, M3J 1P3