Custodial Services is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and attractiveness of all interior areas of the campus' academic and administrative buildings. Custodial services operate on a 24 hour basis on various shifts, starting on Sunday night at 11pm and ending on midnight Friday. Custodial services consist of both routine cleaning tasks and special projects. For services over and above our normal standard and posted frequency levels please submit a Service Request.
- Recyclables/Waste Management. To allow for improved recycle and waste management and service efficiency we are requesting our Community to deposit waste paper ONLY into your office blue bin and that you deposit organic waste from food consumption into your kitchenette waste receptacle or an external food digester. Other recyclables (plastic water bottles, pop cans) may be deposited into a local recyclable bin found throughout each building.
- Chalk /eraser supply: We replace chalk and erasers as required.
- Configure/re-configure classroom/seminar room furniture.
- Lock and unlock specific locations at the beginning and end of the shift in conjunction with Security.
- Patrol cleaning of public areas for spill cleanup etc.
- Lamp replacement when request submitted to the CSBO Work Control Centre.
- Emergency Non hazardous cleanup, flooding etc.
- Poster removal as per the University Poster Guideline.
- Replenish washroom supplies.
- Supply and maintain building entrance walk-off matting.
- Carpet cleaning: Carpeted surfaces in classrooms and common areas are hot water extracted once per year. Where possible we will give notice to the area as to when the extraction work will take place.
Special Services (requested by users)
The following services are available at the cost of supplying the service and may be initiated by a Service Request to the Work Control Centre.
- Interior glass cleaning
- High frequency carpet maintenance
- Shampoo upholstered furniture
- Special events assistance
- Restricted area cleaning
- Wall washing
- Weekend Custodial Services
Requests for weekend cleaning or any other special service requirements should be requested at a minimum of two weeks prior to the day the services are required via the Service Request procedure.