Mark Robertson, Associate University Librarian, Information Services
Learning Commons Committee included faculty, librarians, learning skills experts, writing instructors and provided a vehicle for information sharing; this group served as the Faculty sub-committee for 2010/11.
Although the Learning Commons continues to work with the CST, the Faculty Sub-committee of the Retention Council is taking a hiatus for
- Increase faculty involvement in Learning Commons workshops
- Coordinate and collaborate between several areas of student support and services
- Work in a holistic way to assist students in their development of academic literacies
- Collaborate with CST on programming for faculty on strategies for embedding academic literacies in the curriculum
- Organise a Learning Commons Open House for faculty members in spring 2011