We’re pleased that you’ll be starting at York University this summer. Note that the summer terms begin on May 11, 2020.
All Summer 2020 courses will be delivered exclusively in online/remote learning formats. The revised Summer 2020 course offerings have now been finalized and the complete list is available on the York Courses Website.
If you have already enrolled in Summer 2020 courses, please review your enrolments, as there may be courses that you now want to add or change based on your schedule.
If you have not yet enrolled in Summer 2020 courses, find out how and when to enrol and register by reviewing the Undergraduate Enrolment and Registration Guide.
Here are some things to note when you are searching for and enrolling in Summer 2020 courses:
- All Summer 2020 courses will be offered through online/remote delivery only, regardless of whether they are listed as Lecture (LECT), Online (ONLN) or Blended (BLEN) courses.
- If your class has a time listed, that time refers to a set instructor-led online class. If there is no time indicated on your class, then there are no instructor-led class components for your online course.
- Once you have enrolled in a course, you are encouraged to check your course Moodle site or contact the course instructor to learn more about how your course will be delivered.
- Please refer to the Summer 2020 Important Dates for sessional and add/drop deadlines and important financial dates.
There are many resources available to help with your online summer courses:
- If you don’t have a computer at home that you can use for your online courses, you can borrow a laptop from York’s IT Helpdesk. To register for a laptop go to https://computing.yorku.ca/offcampus and follow the process under “If you don’t have a computer at home.”
- York’s Learning Skills Services has a number of online learning resources and tips.
- Faculty Academic Advising Offices are available virtually to assist you with your advising needs.
- Student Accessibility Services is available virtually to support your academic accommodation needs.
Note to international students: Please read the FAQs for international students for details about taking online courses, study permits, visas and coming to Canada to study.
You can also email email@example.com with questions about immigration or any other international student matters.
Thank you for your patience as we confirm the Summer 2020 schedule; I wish you great success in your summer courses.
Darran A. Fernandez