As we near the December break, I want to share some information about the Winter 2021 academic term. You may be wondering what supports and resources will be available during the holidays, and how you can connect and stay in-the-know. We’re here to support you, whether you’re in residence or off campus. The majority of our offices will be closed over the break but there will be limited service. Please read on for details.
We remain committed to providing you with a high-quality learning experience to advance your educational objectives. Your learning experience and safety guides our decisions. This means:
- We will continue to operate in accordance with government and health authority requirements. Most of us will not be on campus in January.
- The majority of Winter 2021 classes will continue to be delivered remotely and online. Visit the York Courses Website to search for Winter 2021 courses.
- A select number of Winter 2021 classes will be delivered on campus and in person. A list of in-person courses can be viewed online.
- Teams of students, staff, and faculty continue to work hard to provide with a supportive University experience. We’ll provide key services through the web, telephone, video, and email channels.
Resources and Services Available During Winter Break
While University operations will be limited from December 24, 2020 to January 6, 2021 (services resume January 7), you can still access many online and self-serve supports. This includes online learning resources, mental health & wellness resources, emergency support, self-serve tools for checking fall term grades and your degree progress, course enrolment and student finances. Below are a few examples:
- Explore the Winter Break Edition of This Week @ York for available resources and services during the holidays.
- Access back-to-school information on the Current Students Website to help guide you through your first weeks back and beyond.
- Read the YU Blog, written by students for students.
- Connect with the Division of Students on Facebook and Twitter for timely updates. Follow us at @yorkustudents!
Staying in Residence
If you’re staying on campus over the winter break, please know that Residence Dons and Residence Life Coordinators will be on duty and available to assist you. In addition, there are events planned for you to safely participate in. Look for an email, coming soon, with details.
Staying Connected and In-the-Know
We recognize that timely information is important to you, especially during times of constant change.
TIP: Keep your contact information current. You can verify and update your contact information online.
Here are your key contact points over the break:
- Contact the Office of Student Community Relations (OSCR) at email@example.com or 416-736-5231 if you have questions or concerns about staying safe on or off campus. OSCR is available between Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Reach out to OSCR if you need referrals and support, both internal and external to York, to help with complex issues or assistance with personal issues related to the pandemic.
- Visit the YU Better Together website for up-to-date information about COVID-19 as it relates to the York University community.
I wish you well on your exams and hope you have a restful and peaceful break. I look forward to welcoming you back to school in January.
Enjoy your break!
Vice Provost, Students