We can’t wait to welcome you back to in-person courses as we start our phased return to campus on January 31. For some of you, this may be the first time you join us on campus since starting your studies at York. We look forward to helping you find your way around.
To help with your return to campus, here’s some helpful information about services and resources.
Start Strong YU Website
A great resource for you is the Start Strong YU website – your first touchpoint for getting settled, whether you are a first-year student or in your upper years of study.
- The Campus Access page will take you through how to prepare and what to expect before coming on campus and steps to stay healthy and safe.
- The Start of Class page offers resources for academic success, financial support, student life and community, mental health and well-being, and career education and development to guide you through your first weeks and beyond. There are also events to help you explore and engage with the York community.
Seeking in-person help?
If you need any assistance while on York’s campuses, check out these available supports and services.
- The Vari Hall Kiosk (Keele Campus)/Centre of Excellence Kiosk (Glendon Campus): Starting January 31, our Student Engagement Team are there to assist you with any questions such as wayfinding, services and getting involved on campus. Visit the Kiosk in Vari Hall or the Centre of Excellence to find out more about essential resources and services to ease your transition into university life. Hours of operation are available at the Start Strong – Student Services page.
- Virtual Welcome campaign: If you miss accessing our Kiosk in-person, there are QR codes to important resources displayed at key service points across campus giving you virtual access to the Start Strong YU website, the campus map, SAVY, your virtual assistant, and live chats with Student Engagement Ambassadors.
- The Care Ambassadors Program: Starting February 7, our Care Ambassadors will be available to help you find your way around campus. Our trained Care Ambassadors will be present in high-traffic areas on York’s campuses.
- Booking in-person appointments: On the Start Strong - Student Services page, find a list of services and details about how and when to access them.
Health & Safety Reminders
I would like to remind you about health and safety measures to safeguard your health, reduce the risk of transmission and limit outbreaks of COVID-19:
- Masks are required in all our indoor spaces regardless of physical distancing guidelines and must be worn for the duration of your stay.
- Remember to fill out the YU Screen each time before you come to campus and come to campus only after you have passed screening.
- If you are not feeling well, are in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case or are COVID-19 positive, you should not attend in-person.
Check for the latest COVID-19 updates on the Better Together website.
Stay current through the This Week @ York weekly newsletter and by following @YorkUStudents on Facebook and Twitter. Engage with the many different programs and events by following @studentlifeyu on Instagram and Twitter.
Connect with SAVY, our student virtual assistant, to find answers to your questions 24/7.
Vice Provost, Students