INCLUSION WEEK 2023
CHREI’s annual Inclusion Week is just around the corner, and we want to tell you about our exciting line-up of speakers and events. This year CHREI has partnered across the York campus, and we are excited about these collaborations. Visit our website often for additional information and remember to register early!
What does Social Justice have to do with it? A fireside chat with guest speakers who will explore the (dis)connections between EDI and Social Justice
March 7th, 2023 – 11:00AM – In person panel event
- Prof. Susan Dion, AVP Indigenous Initiatives, York
- Remi Warner, Dir. of Human Rights Services, TMU,
- Rania El Mugammar, Artist+Anti-Oppression Consultant,
- Prof. Jessica Vostermans, CDS, York
Register Here: In-Person or Virtual
Register early! Bring your questions, enjoy refreshments and giveaways!
Reclaiming the Transformative Roots of DEDI/EDI
March 8th, 11:00AM – Online Event
Our keynote speaker Kike Ojo-Thompson will reflect on:
- What does DEDI have to do with social justice movements?
- What are the tensions between DEDI and social justice movements?
- Are DEDI and social justice movements compatible or contradictory?
This is an online event, please register early
Our exciting line-up continues in the week with CHREI and SCLD workshops:
- A Long Overdue Conversation: Oppression and Privilege - March 6th, 2023 - 11am on Zoom
- Advancing Organizational Change to foster belonging - March 10th, 2023 - 1:00pm on Zoom
CHREI has partnered with the Campus Community to bring you events throughout the week. Our Partners:
- Amnesty International YU - Poetry Readings highlighting decolonization
- Athletics & Recreation - Keynote
- Glendon College - Interactive event
- AMPD - Sensorium Exhibit with Prof. Joel Ong
- Schulich School of Business – Fireside chat on tensions of EDI with corporate frameworks
- The Centre - Community of practice discussion with EDI educators
- Prof. Jessica Vostermans' Graduate Class – Alternative Campus Tour
Visit our website for more details: