About the Event
The Experiential Education (EE) Symposium showcases experiential education at York University and celebrates the achievements of students and faculty who have participated in EE.
This multi-disciplinary, annual event will be held on January 28, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:10 p.m. via Zoom.
How to Participate
- Registrants will listen to a student and faculty panel presentation and connect with students presenting posters to learn about the benefits of participating in experiential education!
- Please attend to learn and help celebrate experiential education at York!
- You can also participate by being a poster presenter to share your EE experience with the York community.
- Learn how to design and present a professional academic poster
- Learn how to showcase your EE experience to potential employers
- Enhance essential skills such as communication, networking, presenting, and designing to add to your resume
- Network with the York Community
- Receive a signed certificate of participation from the Office of the Associate Vice-President Teaching and Learning
- A chance to win a $100 YU card
Click here to apply to present a poster! Please apply by November 2, 2020.
- Discover the many ways you can engage in Experiential Education opportunities as a York student
- Celebrate the achievements of your peers who have participated in EE
- Learn from experienced faculty about successful and impactful EE programming for undergraduate and graduate courses at York
- Network with the York community
- Learn about all the ways EE is supported on campus
The Experiential Education Symposium is co-sponsored by York University Libraries and the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Teaching and Learning. The Symposium is co-led by the YU Experience Hub, York University Libraries, and the Teaching Commons with support from additional Learning Commons Partners (The Writing Centre, Learning Skills Services, ESL Open Learning Centre and the Career Centre). Learn more about our sponsors by visiting the links below:
Learning Commons: http://learningcommons.yorku.ca/about/
YU Experience Hub: http://yuexperience.info.yorku.ca/
Teaching Commons: teachingcommons.yorku.ca
Code of Conduct
York University’s EE Symposium strives to provide a welcoming space that nurtures presentation skills, facilitates networking opportunities, and showcases experiential education activities conducted at the University. To keep this space welcoming and to allow everyone involved to benefit, it is important that the Symposium be a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, physical appearance, ethnicity, religion or other group identity. It is imperative for all involved to remain committed to civil discourse and the free exchange and critical examination of competing ideas, concepts and disciplinary perspectives, with a fundamental respect for the dignity of all persons. Recognizing that this is a shared responsibility of all participants – students, faculty, librarians, staff, and attendees – involvement in the Symposium requires each individual to commit to maintaining a positive environment that is safe for everyone.