Skip to main content Skip to local navigation
Home » Glendon Residences » Maintenance Requests - Glendon Campus

Maintenance Requests - Glendon Campus


If this is an urgent repair request during regular office hours, please report it to Housing & Conference Services immediately at 416-487-6844. If this is an after-hours or weekend repair request that is considered an emergency, please contact Security Services at 416-650-8000 immediately and then submit an online request. Students living in Undergraduate Residence can contact their Don On Duty. Emergency repairs include major floods, broken windows or doors, loss of heating or cooling, loss of water (hot or cold) or other major repairs that cause immediate risk to residents or property. If this is not an emergency repair, Housing Operations will promptly respond during our regular hours of operation in priority sequence.

Submit an Online Maintenance Request

Maintenance requests are addressed based on the priority and urgency of the repair, during our regular hours of operations. Only the resident can submit maintenance requests. 

If you are a new student and have any issues logging in then you can use MyFile to access the portal.

Service Hours

Normal repair hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays.

We will normally respond to your request within two business days but repairs may take longer during peak move-in/out periods. Repairs that require the assistance of a licensed tradesperson or outside contractor may take longer to complete.

Residence Entry Authorization

Housing Services repair staff are authorized to enter rooms/suites to respond to submitted maintenance requests and attend to emergency repairs. Where repair persons are not permitted access into a room, area or suite to complete the requested repair, the resident will be required to resubmit their maintenance request.

Residents are not required to be present during the repair work, unless requested by the repair staff (e.g. to provide a more detailed account of the problem).

Contact Us

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: 

Residence Maintenance Operations

For phone, cable TV or internet repairs, contact InRes: 

Glendon Information Technology Services Support

Step-by-Step Guide on How to Submit a Request

Log into the Housing Services portal. If you are a new student and have any issues logging in then you can use MyFile to access the portal. 

Select the type of request you would like to submit from the toggle at the top of the page.

  • Room Requests - requests for your actual room space/apartment unit.
  • Shared Space Requests - requests for shared spaces within Undergraduate suite-style residences, i.e. an issue in the kitchen of a Pond suite or the living room in a Calumet suite.
  • Public Space Requests - requests for public spaces within your residence, i.e. a lightbulb out in a hallway, public bathroom or common room/area.

After selecting New Job you will be prompted to select the appropriate space to record where the repair is needed. Ensure that the space you are selecting is highlighted, if it isn't automatically highlighted then click once on the space. After selecting the space click Continue. 

Select the Category and then the Item that needs to be repaired, both fields are required. 

Enter the details of the issue in the Description, please be as specific as possible.

For example: When reporting a washer, dryer or elevator breakdown, please identify which one, i.e. dryer in G house laundry room. When requesting light bulb replacement in your room, please indicate whether the bulb is needed for reading lamp, desk or main light.

Residents have the option to enter information about the Cause of the issue. This field is not mandatory but can assist Housing & Conference Services investigate any potential damage charges.

Once complete, submit your request by clicking Save & Continue. Residents can view status updates in the portal. By selecting View residents will be able to see the full details the request.