The Office of Institutional Events was established in November 2021 and is part of the Division of the President. The team is responsible for organizing high-profile and impactful institutional events that celebrate key University milestones and achievements to enhance the University's reputation.
To create collaborative, innovative, and impactful high-profile events that enhance the institutional reputation; advance the priorities of York University, and act as a planning resource to the university community.
The portfolio of the Office of Institutional Events includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Circle of Scholars' Reception
- Government Announcements
- Community Events
- Infrastructure Events (Groundbreakings and Building Openings)
- Long Service Employee Recognition Reception
- Hail and Farewell Celebration
- Presidential Town Halls and Community Conversations
- President's Staff Recognition Awards
- University Retirees Celebration
- Varsity Athlete Lunches
- Board of Governors Celebrations
- Spirit Day Celebrations
- Events hosted by Vice-Presidents
- Institutional Observances
Please visit our What We Do page for more info.
If you are planning an event, please let us know by completing this form: York University Event Information
Contacts us for support and to answer questions about your event.