Planning an event requires careful consideration of details and coordination with multiple parties. Included in this section are best practices processes, resources and contact information available across campus for elements involved in the planning and delivering an event. In addition to the resources outlined below, the Institutional Events team has many years of collective experience planning and implementing events and may be able to act as a consultative resource offering advice, information and guidance in your planning process.
These toolkits will help guide you with your event planning process.
In-Person Event Toolkit
- Event Planning Guide
- Event Planning Checklist
- Rollout Template
- Event Detail Tracking Template
- Sustainable Event Planning
- Accessibility Hub
- Land Acknowledgement Guide
- University Events Standards & Requirements
Virtual Event Toolkit
Policy & Procedures
- Contact Forms:
- Copyright and You: General Information Concerning SOCAN and RE:SOUND Fees
- Food Trucks on York Campuses
- Operation of Vehicles on Campus Walkways
- Policy and procedure on Postering
- Protocol for Contacting Government Officials
- Protocol for Special Events and Visits of High Profile Guests to the University
- Sale, Service and Use of Alcoholic Beverages on Campus
- Social Procurement Policy
- Temporary Use of University Space Policy
- Temporary Use of University Space Procedural Handbook and Appendices
The Office of Temporary Use of University Space works collaboratively with various Faculty, College and department offices across the University and is responsible for the consistent implementation of, and compliance with, the University's Temporary Use of University Space policy and procedure. This includes the assessment and screening of applications for internally sponsored events in regard to eligibility, service requirements, mitigation of risks to the University, and cost recovery, where applicable.
Add your event to the York University events calendar where community members can find a list of all events taking place across campus.
Complete the form using the link above to inform the OIE of your on-campus event.
University event planners are encouraged to take these days into consideration when scheduling events.