READ PLEASE: Important summer residence extension information

READ PLEASE: Important summer residence extension information

Due to the COVID-19 situation, we recognize that many of you in residence are international and cannot return home or have extenuating circumstances that otherwise prevent you from leaving. Taking this into account, we want to streamline the process for students needing to stay in residence beyond April 26.

You must complete the Residence Extension Request Form no later than April 16 if you need to stay in residence beyond April 26. Note that your keycard will expire on April 26, 2020 at noon if you do not submit the request form.

If you have previously completed a summer residence application or late departure request form, you must also update us on your current situation by completing the Residence Extension Request Form.

Meal delivery
Food Services will continue to provide a pre-ordered delivery model for students living in residence. Menus will be available on the Catertrax website and updated regularly. Refer to the email of April 6 for ordering and payment details.

Note that cafeterias on Keele and Glendon campuses are open for online orders only and only a limited number of food outlets are available for take-out. If you’re opting to have food delivered by another means, you must ensure that you practice safe distancing and exercise care in handling packaging and handwashing. Students in self-isolation will be required to order their meals through the Catertrax system.

Food storage and refrigerators
Keep non-perishable/dry food in your room. Common fridges are ONLY to be used when absolutely necessary (e.g. for those with food allergies or storage of medication). If you have a food allergy, please store single portion meals in sealed containers. Once removed, do not return the container to the fridge.

Fridge rental: If you’d like to rent a fridge to place in your residence room for the summer or have an existing fridge rental agreement that you wish to extend, please contact Coldex.

International students
For questions regarding the Canada Emergency Response Benefit eligibility, work permits, beginning online classes outside of Canada, immigration, UHIP and general international student wellbeing, please email

Summer term & online courses
Are you taking summer courses or planning for the fall? Get academic help from your Faculty academic advisor: Look for an update regarding summer courses availability this week.

Virtual help with checking grades, your student record, enrolment & courses, financial matters and academic progress is available from My Online Services.

Support services available this summer

Remember to practice physical distancing at all times.

If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are generally feeling ill, you should contact Toronto Public Health (TPH), Ontario Telehealth [TOLL FREE 1-866-797-0000], or your health care provider, to receive medical support based on your individual symptoms. The Office of Student Community Relations (OSCR) is the point of contact for any student in residence regarding COVID-19. If you live in residence and have travelled outside Ontario or feel ill with symptoms similar to COVID-19 symptoms, you need to self-isolate and contact immediately.

Remember to do your part. Stay apart.

Housing & Conference Services