As part of our plan to support a safe return to York’s campuses this fall, we are launching YU Screen, an automated COVID-19 self-assessment screening tool. All faculty, staff, instructors, students, researchers, contractors, visitors, and vendors must use this tool daily to self-screen and confirm that they have not been exposed to COVID-19 before coming to York’s campuses.
To use YU Screen, you must have a Passport York account. Visitors or other third parties working on York’s campuses will be able to sign in as a “guest.” The tool walks users through a range of questions including symptoms to possible exposure, recent travel and testing history. It will also be used to support case management and limited contact tracing, in consultation with Toronto Public Health, for any cases that are confirmed at York University.
All information related to screening will be treated as confidential. York is committed to the protection of privacy, as required under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Below is some further guidance on how to use this new tool:
Tips for Using YU Screen
- YU Screen is accessible from the home page of the Better Together website and can be accessed via the web on smart phones, computers and tablets.
- Have your Passport York login information handy in order to access the tool.
- As soon as you click on the YU screen link, you will see:
- A landing page where you can log in with your Passport York account or as a guest.
- Once you have logged in, select “start screening” and you can then choose your “group,” indicating whether you are a student, staff, faculty member or guest.
- Once you have identified your “group,” you will be directed to the appropriate screening survey.
- When survey questions are completed, an automated prompt will appear to identify whether or not you have been “cleared” to come on campus.
- In the event that you do not pass the screening questions, you will be provided with instructions on what to do next. In this case, you are not to come to York’s campuses, you will be instructed to self-isolate and will be directed to educational resources.
- This process must be repeated each time before you attend campus. We encourage everyone to select the option to receive daily reminders to complete their screening by email after logging in.
- When on York’s campuses, you may be asked to show that you have cleared the screening.
Thank you for your cooperation and commitment to protecting the health and safety of the York community. We are excited to make this tool available to the community and to support you further in the gradual return to campus. For regular updates on York’s safe return to campus, please continue to visit the Better Together website.
Special Advisor to the President for Academic Continuity Planning & COVID-19 Response