YUPC is at the forefront of effective service delivery because of its affiliation with the clinical and clinical development graduate psychology programs at York University. Utilizing the latest knowledge on effective assessment and treatment interventions enables the provision of state-of-the-art services. In addition, when clients include a graduate trainee in their services, they benefit from the enrichment of a team-based approach with intensive supervisory input.
The YUPC offers comprehensive psychological and neuropsychological assessments for children, adolescents, and adults.
Assessments may include:
- psychological testing
- neuropsychological testing
- testing for learning disabilities
- testing for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- testing for autism
Comprehensive assessments involve interviews, computer tasks, and questionnaires about the client’s emotional and psychological functioning. Family members, teachers, or other people may also be asked to complete questionnaires on the client. Depending on the issue being assessed, tests may be administered to examine emotional functioning, memory, attention, verbal skills, developmental skills, academic skills, etc. Based on the findings, diagnosis and treatment recommendations are provided. Recommendations may also be provided regarding work, school, or other functioning. Assessment findings and recommendations are presented at scheduled feedback sessions and clients are provided with a detailed report summarizing the findings.
Types of Therapy Offered
Our clinic does not have emergency or psychiatric services available on-site, so we are not able to provide services when there is risk of severe crisis or legal involvement. If you require urgent support, please contact your local mental health crisis line.
- Toronto Distress Centre: 416-408-4357 (408-HELP)
- Gerstein Centre Crisis Line: 416-929-5200
- North York Mobile Crisis Team: 416-498-0043
- Good2Talk (post-secondary students): 1-866-925-5454
- Kids Help Phone (children/adolescents): 1-800-668-6868
- York Region Distress Line: 905-310-2673 (310-COPE)
- Mobile Crisis of Peel: 905-278-9036
- Distress Centre Durham: 905-430-2522