Selection & Placement
Students are eligible to apply for residence if they:
1) are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program for the 2024-2025 academic session (24 credits over F/W terms or 12 credits per term), AND
2) have no significant behavioral infractions reported while living in or visiting the York residences, AND
3) have no outstanding debt in their student account from previous academic terms.
|Assignment and Preferences
1) Returning residents are not guaranteed a space in residence and are strongly encouraged to apply early to improve their chances of getting an offer. Housing reserves the right to rescind any offers if student applicant is found not eligible to live residence.
2) Spaces will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis after guaranteed applicants are given offers Housing & Conference Services will continue to accept applications until all spaces are filled.
|Offer Acceptance and Confirmation
Current residents that are not in good standing (with financial/behavioural block) will not receive a housing offer.
As we seek to understand further the impact of the recent announcements from the federal and provincial governments, students will receive information about the new Roommate Matching, Room Selection, and Housing Acceptance process by May 1, 2024. Current students residence offers will begin mid-June. Any changes to the above dates will be communicated via email and our website.
Information about moving into Residence will be available on Residence Move-in Information page and will be updated as it gets closer to move-in day. A Move-in Package email will be sent to residents who accepted a space prior to arrival.
Housing Services will endeavour to update students on wait list status from time to time. However, it is the student’s responsibility to follow up regarding this by emailing email@example.com.