Department of Mathematics and Statistics,
Faculty of Science, York University
S614 Ross Building, 4700 Keele Street,
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, Canada
Office Phone number: +1 (416) 736 2100 ext. 22889
- Ph.D., Biomathematics, University of Buea with a co-supervision from Lehigh niversity, August 2018.
- Master's degree, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), Applied Partial Differential Equations, with thesis topic on “Existence and Uniqueness of Viscosity Solutions for Hamilton-Jacobi Equation and Application to Optimal Control Theory.
- Master's degree degree, Addis Ababa University in Functional Analysis.
- Assistant Professor, York University, July 2019 - present
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the DST/NRF SARChI Chair in Mathematical Models and Methods in Biosciences and Bioengineering Lab at the University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2019 - 2021
- Lecturer, Mekelle University, August 2018- Septemeber 2019
- Pre-doctoral ResearchAssociate, Lehigh University, USA, 2016
- I studied for my Ph.D. while working as a Tutor (Teaching Assistant) at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) .
My main research interests include, but are not limited to,:
- Mathematical immunology, including modeling of cellular level dynamics of parasites, viruses and interaction with the immune system
- Within and between hosts infectious disease modelling,
- Singular perturbation theory applied to multiscale epidemiological models,
- Modelling the impact of climate change on infectious disease dynamics,
- Applied Differential Equations, Viscosity solutions of Hamilton-Jacobi equations type equations,
- Modeling reaction-kinetics, Chemotaxis,
- Data analysis in Python, and
- recently, I am enthusiastic to diversify my research to Neural differential equations.