Assistant Professor in the Professional stream, York University in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics,
Faculty of Science, York University
S614 Ross Building, 4700 Keele Street,
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, Canada
Office Phone number: +1 (416) 736 2100 ext. 22889
- Ph.D., Biomathematics, University of Buea with a co-supervision from Lehigh niversity, August 2018.
- Master's degree, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), Applied Partial Differential Equations, with thesis topic on “Existence and Uniqueness of Viscosity Solutions for Hamilton-Jacobi Equation and Application to Optimal Control Theory.
- Master's degree degree, Addis Ababa University in Functional Analysis.
- Assistant Professor, York University, July 2019 - present
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the DST/NRF SARChI Chair in Mathematical Models and Methods in Biosciences and Bioengineering Lab at the University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2019 - 2021
- Lecturer, Mekelle University, August 2018- Septemeber 2019
- Pre-doctoral ResearchAssociate, Lehigh University, USA, 2016
- I studied for my Ph.D. while working as a Tutor (Teaching Assistant) at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) .
A small description of my Ph.D. dissertation, and a piece of news from the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences- Cameroon about the completion of my Ph.D., and here is another summary
Applied and Industrial Mathematics Group of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at York University
My main research interests include, but are not limited to,:
- Mathematical immunology, including modeling of cellular level dynamics of parasites, viruses and interaction with the immune system
- Within and between hosts infectious disease modelling,
- Singular perturbation theory applied to multiscale epidemiological models,
- Modelling the impact of climate change on infectious disease dynamics,
- Applied Differential Equations, Viscosity solutions of Hamilton-Jacobi equations type equations,
- Modeling reaction-kinetics, Chemotaxis,
- Data analysis in Python, and
- recently, I am enthusiastic to diversify my research to Neural differential equations.