Wired network and the Internet access at York comes in two types: public access ethernet jacks, which require your username and password to log in (you may know this as YorkNet); and direct connection, typically using a dynamic IP address service known as Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
How do I get it?
- Wired network and Internet access at publicly accessible areas.
- Learn more about YorkNet.
- Get help setting up your computer to connect to YorkNet.
- YorkNet ethernet jacks are usually pink.
- High speed network is available in administrative areas at York.
- Learn more about Lan Drop.
- LAN Drop ethernet jacks are usually blue.
How do I get help?
Wired access at York typically just works. If you need help, submit a Service Request.