- Click on the wireless icon located at the top right corner of your screen and select Open Network Preferences
- Click on Advanced and select the 802.1X tab; click + at the bottom right corner and select Add User Profile. Specify the following:- Change Untitled to eduroam_profile
- User Name: <Passport_York_account_user_name>@yorku.ca
- Check the Always prompt for password check box
- Authentication: PEAP only
- Wireless Network: eduroam
- Security Type: WPA2 Enterprise
- Click OK and Apply to effect these changes.
- Select Advanced once again.
- In the AirPort tab, click + and specify the following:- Network Name: eduroam
- Security: WPA2 Enterprise
- 802.1X: eduroam_profile (this will fill in your User Name)
Click Add, then click OK.
- Select Network Name eduroam and click Connect.
- The Verify Certificate window will appear; select Show Certificate and verify the certificate is for eduroam.yorku.ca and is issued by GlobalSign Extended Validation CA
- Click Continue, at which point you will be asked for the Administrative password on your machine (needed in order to add this certificate to your Certificate Trust Settings). Click OK
- When prompted, enter your FAS account password and click OK, then Apply and close the Network Preferences window.
You should now be connected to the eduroam wireless network.