University Information Technology (UIT) offers a unified Apple device management service
with Jamf Cloud as the industry leader in Apple mobile device management (MDM).
UIT provides the service to manage University owned Apple devices. Service heavily relies on
the University procurement platform in conjunction with the supplier –
https://smartbuy.info.yorku.ca/ and Apple School Manager (ASM).
Core components of the Jamf Cloud service are:
- Single Sign-on with Passport York account.
- Automate device enrollment (zero-touch deployment).
- Manage device and software inventory.
- Manage Mac and iPad operating systems (current and the last major version).
- Manage software packages and updates.
- Apply security policies
Who Can Use
Service is offered to all York University IT who manage and support Apple computers for
academic and administrative purposes.
Service cost is $32 per device, per year.
How to Request
Submit appropriate service request form on ITSM service portal, askus.yorku.ca.
Service Catalog Category
End-Point Computing | End-Point Support
Hours of Support
Emergency escalation in the event of an unplanned service outage: