NOTE: These instructions apply to personally-owned devices; for University-owned and supported equipment, please see your IT support unit for more information.
As part of York University’s improvements to cybersecurity, the University is changing anti-virus solutions, and will no longer be supporting Trend Micro anti-virus (AV) for personal use. If you have previously downloaded the Trend Micro AV solution for personal use from York, follow the instructions below to continue protection of your device.
Instructions for Windows PCs
Trend Micro Removal Instructions – Windows: https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-18727
Confirm Windows Defender is enabled and running:
- Select “Start” menu
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Update & Security” Windows Security
- Go to “Windows Security”
- Select “Virus & threat protection” – Virus & threat protection settings
- Click on “Managed Settings”
- Ensure the “Real-time protection” setting is On
For more information on Windows Defender: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/stay-protected-with-windows-security-2ae0363d-0ada-c064-8b56-6a39afb6a963
Instructions for MacOS
Trend Micro Removal Instructions - Mac: https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/tmka-14475
For more information on MacOS built-in malware protection: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/security/sec469d47bd8/web
How do I get help?
- Contact us at email@example.com
- For more information please visit the following Information Security website https://infosec.yorku.ca/endpoint-protection-solutions/