York Libraries remain open and are taking a number of proactive steps to help ensure the health and well-being of Library users and staff. The situation is being constantly reassessed and changes will be communicated as soon as we can.
On Monday, March 16
- All Libraries will be closed to the general public as a means to help reduce library traffic;
- All non-essential events, workshops and presentations within the Libraries are cancelled;
- Library access will be by student card;
- To help provide social distancing the following steps are being taken:
- Close monitoring of those entering libraries to ensure there is no concern with gatherings of more than 250 people.
- All group study rooms booked will be limited to one person.
- Shutting down every other computer to provide additional working space.
- Signage outlining social distancing protocols.
On Wednesday, March 18
- Scott Library and Glendon Library will remain open.
- Steacie Library, Bronfman Business Library and Archives & Special Collections will close. Staff will continue to work in the closed libraries and Archives.
- Scott Library and Glendon Library reduced operating hours are:
- Open: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m to 6:00 p.m.
- Closed: Saturday and Sunday
As the situation continues to change, we will continue to keep the York community informed.
Please visit dedicated website for the latest COVID-19 information.
Dean of Libraries