In order to increase physical (social) distancing in communal-style campus residences (e.g. with shared washrooms), we have assigned washrooms to each student in residence to ensure an accurate determination of students to washroom users. We’ve done this on the advice and guidance of Toronto Public Health.
From today forward, your washroom will be: [Personalized Information]
Toilet: [Personalized Information]
Sink: [Personalized Information]
Shower/Bath: [Personalized Information]
Signs and/or labels will be posted over the course of the weekend. Look for your room number on the washroom door, the shower stall, above the sink and above the toilet. Please do not use any of the other facilities in the washroom – they have been assigned to other students.
We’d like to remind you to practice physical distancing at all times. Keep 2 metres apart from others. To be clear, if someone is already in the space, wait your turn.Further, if you live in residence and have travelled outside Ontario and/or feel ill with symptoms similar to COVID-19 symptoms, you need to self-isolate and contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
What does self-isolation mean?
- Immediately avoid all contact with others.
- Do not leave your residence room unless you are seeking medical care.
- Do not sit in the common areas in the residence.
- Use the bathroom in the suite only or the washroom to which you’ve been assigned in residence.
- If you must be in contact with others (when you visit a hospital or test centre), keep 2 metres between yourself and any other person.
- Avoid contact with pets.
We know this is a stressful time for all of you. There are resources available to help:
- Student Counselling & Development at 416-736-5297, visit the website https://counselling.students.yorku.ca/ to learn about remote access of services.
- For questions regarding immigration, UHIP and general international student wellbeing, please email email@example.com.
- Reach out to Student Community Relations at 416-736-5231, firstname.lastname@example.org, oscr.students.yorku.ca/, if you need referrals and support, both internal and external to York, help with complex issues or assistance with personal issues related to the pandemic.
- Mental health & wellness resources here: https://mhw.info.yorku.ca/resources/resources-at-york/students/.
- Get academic help from your Faculty academic advisor: https://advising.students.yorku.ca/
- Virtual services available from My Online Services.
Do your part. Stay apart.
Housing & Conference Services and Residence Life