Vaccination is one of the most important ways to protect individuals and the York community against COVID-19. Today, you will be able to start uploading your proof of vaccination using YU Screen, following the tips outlined below.
All York community members who plan to attend campuses this fall are required to submit proof of vaccination with a Health Canada or World Health Organization-approved vaccine. Full details on the list of accepted vaccines, timelines for vaccination, testing requirements and locations can be found on the Better Together website.
Those who have been vaccinated in Ontario can generate and download their vaccine receipts here. Anyone arriving from out of province must provide proof of vaccination in that province and those arriving to Canada from international destinations must provide proof of vaccination in English or French and if this isn’t available, must work with a certified translator to translate their vaccination record in either language.
- If you have already been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization-approved vaccine, submit your proof today or as soon as you are able.
- If you have an approved exemption, you will also need to upload your completed exemption form.
- Between September 7 and October 18, if you are unvaccinated, partially vaccinated or have an approved exemption, please read these FAQs for details on what is required to access York’s campuses.
- Proof of vaccination must be uploaded to the YU Screen tool by October 18 in order to continue accessing York’s campuses from October 19 onward.
Tips for Uploading Proof of Vaccination
- YU Screen can be accessed from the Better Together website via the web, smart phone, computer or a tablet.
- Have your Passport York login information handy to access the tool.
- As soon as you click on the YU screen link, you will see:
- A landing page where you can log in with your Passport York account.
- Once you have logged in, under “Start Screening,” select “Vaccination Record.”
- You will be asked a series of questions to identify your vaccination status and must upload proof to register your status.
- Details on what to do if you are unvaccinated, partially or fully vaccinated as of today’s date are available here.
While the Campus Access System will be available as needed should restrictions tighten again, community members are no longer required to use this to request access to campus. Everyone is still encouraged to come to campus only for scheduled activities however and must continue using YU Screen daily before coming to York’s campuses to self-screen for symptoms of COVID-19. Thank you for continuing to keep our campuses safe this year. For regular updates on York’s safe return to campus, please continue to visit the Better Together website.
Special Advisor to the President for Academic Continuity Planning & COVID-19 Response