In light of recent guidance issued by the Ontario Government aimed at limiting the spread of the Omicron variant, York University will be reducing on-campus activities in December and into January.
The Fall 2021 exam period will continue with additional safety measures implemented including two metre physical distancing in exam spaces.
The Winter 2022 academic term will commence as planned on January 10 (with some exceptions, for example, Osgoode Hall Law School); however the in-person delivery of courses and on-campus activities are planned to resume on January 24. Between January 10 and January 24, all classes and support services will be delivered in a remote format unless it is essential that they be delivered in person.
The health and safety of the York community continues to be our highest priority and as such, the following will be in effect until provincial guidance changes, effective immediately:
Changes to on-campus activities in December
- As all classes have concluded for the Fall term, student staff, including Work/Study, LEAP, RAY and YUSA-2, will work remotely, where possible.
- In-person holiday events and in-person meetings must be cancelled or switched to a remote format, unless required for essential purposes.
- Researchers are encouraged to conduct activities remotely and avoid face-to-face interactions whenever possible.
- Information about Library services will be provided soon. Information about online student services available over the break and during the Winter 2022 term is also coming soon.
- Effective Wednesday, December 15 at noon, Tait McKenzie Centre will be CLOSED and will reopen on Monday, Jan. 24, 2022. Additionally, all athletics facilities, events, varsity practices and activities will be closed/cancelled for the remainder of the year.
Updates on the winter term
- We will be adjusting the refund schedule by one week to accommodate the change in delivery format and enable students to make informed choices about their classes.
- The University continues to enforce the Vaccination Mandate policy and any students who did not upload proof of vaccination by December 1 and are enrolled in courses with any component scheduled for in-person delivery are being de-enrolled.
- Anyone attending York’s campuses will need to closely adhere to the University’s Vaccination Mandate policy and public health requirements outlined in the community of care commitment.
Holiday Closure Period
York University’s campuses will be closed as of Friday, Dec. 24, 2021, through to Wednesday, Jan. 5, 2022, and will re-open on Thursday Jan. 6, 2022. Please note that there are a few exceptions to the re-opening date for some Faculties and units.
As updates continue to be issued from the Ontario Government, the Chief Medical Officer of Health and Toronto Public Health concerning the status of the pandemic, we will continue to keep community members informed of any impacts posed to university operations.
Thank you for your continued support, and I wish you all a safe and happy holiday season.