Student Update #2: York’s student services remain open and available (graduate)

Student Update #2: York’s student services remain open and available (graduate)

We understand that for many graduate students, the current labour disruption presents challenges. We want you to know that Student Services and Campus Resources continue to be available and are here to support you.

Updates and information about the labour disruption can be found on the Labour Disruptions website, along with FAQs that are updated several times each day, including in response to student questions.

As this situation may have created stress and anxiety, I’d encourage you to access well-being resources or connect with Grad Student Wellness Services for guidance and support. Graduate students concerned about key milestones (e.g. proposal submission) are encouraged to reach out to their supervisor and GPD first. For other program related queries, please connect with your GPA via the graduate program contact webpage.

As you may be aware, picketing is taking place on both Keele and Glendon campuses, which may cause delays. The Community Safety team is also actively engaged with CUPE 3903 Picket Captains to ensure the safety of our community and to coordinate planned events. As the labour disruption continues, know that we are working with faculties and campus operations to prioritize and support your learning.

We recognize that many of you are employed in positions in the CUPE 3903 Units 1 and 3 bargaining units, which are currently on strike, as well as active York graduate students. The Faculty of Graduate Studies is available to support you in your role as an active graduate student, and to assist you in your academic and wellness goals.

Especially at times like this, it is important to prioritize care, compassion and respect for all members of our community, each other, and ourselves. More information will be shared with you and posted online as it becomes available.

In the meantime, if you have questions that are unanswered by FAQs, or if you’d like to get assistance or share feedback with someone, please reach out to or your dean’s office.

Students who wish to access information regarding the labour disruption in French should contact the Office of Student Affairs at, (416) 487-6716, or visit YH B108.