Fall 2024: We are accepting very few funded international graduate applications this year. Please contact the Graduate Program for further information if you are an international applicant.
Applications to the Graduate Program in Visual Art must be completed online. You can find further information on the requirements and links to the online application form on the Faculty of Graduate Studies site under Graduate Admissions.
Check your application status in MyFile
Tips for Studio Art applications:
Artist's Statement/Statement of Intent:
- Tell us about the media you specialize in and/or would like to specialize in during your graduate work. If you are interdisciplinary or use a range of media, state that.
- Describe your art education, exhibition experience and/or community experience.
- Tell us why you are interested in being a studio art graduate student and why you want to be in our program in particular. What do you want to achieve during the program?
- Feel free to link provide a link to your website if you have one (optional).
- Do not request a supervisor but you can say who you would be interested in working with (optional).
- Unless you are a multimedia or interdisciplinary artist, we suggest you focus on two to four bodies of work or a range of related artworks rather than a bit of everything you've ever made!
- Include a page with a numbered list of works with title, date produced, medium, dimensions or caption each image with this information
- For video and/or performance work provide a link to Youtube, Vimeo or your own website.
The Graduate Program in Visual Art at York is an exciting environment to pursue innovative, socially engaging, career-ready education. Contact our Graduate Program Assistant to learn more.