We respectfully request that all users of our library follow our regulations.
- Library staff will be on duty during open hours to help with inquiries.
- Books, periodicals and broadside material should not be reshelved, but left on the table.
- Coats, backpacks, briefcases, etc. are not allowed in the stacks area.
- No smoking, eating or drinking in the library; no loud conversation or disturbances.
- No scented products in the library.
- To borrow materials, you must have a York University library card. However, our library welcomes community members who do not have a York University library card, to enjoy our diverse collections within our quiet reading spaces.
- A maximum of three books may be borrowed for two weeks at a time.
- Books may be renewed six times; each renewal is for two weeks.
- Renewals are at the discretion of the library staff; if there is a hold on the book that has been renewed six times, it will not be renewed.
- Books may be renewed anytime online or in person during library open hours or by phone at 416-736-5735
- Books must be returned to the Nellie Langford Rowell Library, or via the book box at 204 Founders College; they must not be returned to the Scott Library.
- Periodicals and broadside material may not be borrowed, but can be photocopied in the library; please ask the assistant on duty.
Overdue fines accumulate at the rate of $0.50 a day per book, to a maximum of $25 per book.
Library accounts are blocked from borrowing upon fines/charges accrual of $25. Lost books must be replaced, or a fine of $150 paid to the library ($25 administration fee; $125 replacement fee). All fines must be paid to Scott Library.
Fines and charges can be paid at any Scott circulation desk or online by checking your account in Omni.
Printing & Photocopying Services
Services are available on a cash only basis at the rate of $0.10 per page ($0.10 per single-sided copy and $0.20 per double-sided copy). All charges must be paid before the document(s) will be released.