Secure remote access uses VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology to create a secure link between your device and the York network. This service is strongly recommended when connecting from any non-secure wireless network, such as AirYorkGUEST or public hotspots.
How do I get it?
NOTE: The Pulse Secure client download and setup steps are done only ONCE.
Download, install and configure an appropriate client as per table below:
|Operating System||Where to Get the Pulse Client and Setup Instructions|
|Windows 7, 8 and 10||Installation Instructions for Pulse on Windows 32 Bit / 64 Bit|
|Mac OS 10.8x|
|Installation Instructions for Pulse on Mac|
|Linux||Installation instructions for Pulse Secure on Linux (PDF)|
Download the appropriate client:
CentOS/RHEL 32-bit, CentOS/RHEL 64-bit, Ubuntu/Debian 32-bit, Ubuntu/Debian 64-bit
(iPad / iPhone) 8.1 and higher
|Installation Instructions for Pulse Secure on iOS|
|Android Phone / Tablet 4.4.x and higher||Installation Instructions for Ivanti Secure on Android Devices|
NOTE: If you already have Pulse Secure installed and setup for you by your Faculty IT support team, here are instructions for how to connect to York's VPN.
Starting on July 29th, 2021, the regular VPNYork profile (https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnyork) will require two-factor authentication, Duo 2FA.
For additional information on how to connect to Pulse Secure VPN with Duo 2FA, please visit the information security website. You can find answers to frequently asked questions about 2FA on the FAQ page.
Starting on June 24th, 2021, the regular VPNYork profile (https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnyork) will include split tunneling to improve the Office365 and Zoom meeting experience. This means that the VPN will no longer slow down your virtual meetings, and you will experience faster connection speeds and better call quality.
How do I get access on a specific VPN Profile?
All users have access to the VPNYork Profile. Access to any other specific VPN group requires further coordination with a York University profile owner (designate).
- York University profile owner (designate) must be involved in this request process.
- York University profile owner (designate) must put in service request on behalf of the client.
- If this person is outside of York then a Guest Account must be requested first via Halo and then following the creation of the Guest Account a separate VPN Profile request must be submitted on behalf of the guest.
- If the person is a York University Community member then the VPN Profile request form must be completed. Please fill out the "SSLVPN Request" form under the "IT Forms" section on Halo.
- Use VPN service profile as per instructions from the York University profile owner (designate).
- Due to the VPNFW1 access control policies users of the vpnfw1 profile will not be able to access yu link without logging off from Pulse Secure.
How do I get help?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org