Note: If you have the old Junos Pulse app installed you must first uninstall this before installing Pulse Secure.
- On your iOS device, open the App Store and search for Pulse Secure
(Alternatively you can go directly to the Pulse Secure App Store page using Safari)
- Tap Get beside "Pulse Secure" from company "Pulse Secure LLC"
- Tap Install
- After installation is complete open the Pulse Secure app
- The first time you launch the software you must click "Accept" to accept the license agreement.
- Tap Enable Pulse Secure
- On the VPN tab select Configuration
- Enter the following information:
Name: This field can be left blank or you can type whatever you wish e.g. York VPN
URL: Enter the VPN Link that you wish to connect to. For most people this will be: https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnyork
Username: Enter your Passport York username
Authentication: Leave this as Password
Realm: Leave this field blank
Role: Leave this field blank
- Tap Save
- At the main Pulse screen tap Connect
- Type in your Passport York password at the following screen.
- Tap Sign In
You should be taken back to the main Pulse Secure screen and see: Status Connected. You should also see the "VPN" box in the iOS status bar.
Starting on July 29th, 2021, the regular VPNYork profile (https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnyork) will require two-factor authentication, Duo 2FA.
For additional information on how to connect to Pulse Secure VPN with Duo 2FA, please visit the information security website. You can find answers to frequently asked questions about 2FA on the FAQ page.