How do I get it?
- Secure remote access uses VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology to create a more secure link between your device and the York network.
- Secure Remote Access is required for accessing many services from off campus.
- This service is strongly recommended when connecting through AirYork or off campus.
- You can login to VPN links listed below using using your Passport York username and password. If you have problems logging in, then have your Passport York password changed from Manage My Services.
|VPN LINK||Who Has Access to the Service|
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnyork||Open to all Staff, Students or Guests with a Passport York Account.|
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/vpnfw1||Access Restricted to authorized users who require access to resources behind the firewall.|
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/voicemail||Access Restricted to University Voicemail Service users.|
Passport York and voicemail password required.
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/digitalsignage||Access Restricted to the Digital Signage Resources users.|
|http://www.yorku.ca/computing/insight||Access Restricted to Insight Resources users.|
|https://vpngateway.yorku.ca/epp||Access Restricted to Emergency Preparedness Program users.|
|Request Access to Restricted VPN Service - Have your manager or sponsor fill out the VPN Access Request Form|
- Some applications will automatically redirect users to the secure remote access login page if accessed from off campus.
- For Windows users, Internet Explorer is strongly recommended when connecting to secure remote access. Once connected, any browser can then be used.
How do I get help?
- Secure remote access connection instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting
The SSLVPN service has been upgraded to version 8.0R1. Network Connect is supported on Linux Systems only. Windows and Mac OS should use the "Junos Pulse Client".