File Access Service (FAS) is a file share service for students, faculty and staff at York University. A Passport York account is required to authenticate and access a FAS share.
FAS has dedicated storage allocation to accommodate various academic and administrative purposes such as:
- Share course materials with students
- Share confidential files internally within same department
- Share confidential files externally across departments
- Data repository for academic research
- Data repository for sensitive clinical and patient information, compliant to PHIPA
The service runs on premise, in York University datacenters which are secure, highly availability, reliable and resilient.
A storage service fee applies, at the rate of $0.105 per GB, per month
For example, 50 GB of FAS storage allocation= $5.25 per month or $63.00 per year
Minimum FAS storage allocation: 50 GB
Minimum FAS storage increase/decrease increments: 10 GB
Authentication to the service requires a Passport York account
Access to the FAS share are granted with the following privileges:
- Read access
- Modify/Write access
If there are further requirements to structure and enforce folder access controls within the FAS share, additional consultation will be arranged
Supported client operating systems:
Mac OS 10.15 and later
Microsoft Windows 10 1909 and later
How do I get it?
Please submit a request by completing the request form on:
https://askit.yorku.ca > Information Technology > I am an Employee > Service Request Forms > Central Storage Request
How do I access FAS remotely, off campus?
How do I recover an older copy of a folder or file?
You can personally recover an old copy of a folder or file up to 30 days old
How do I get help?
- Contact your Faculty administrative office or Client Solutions manager for a personal consultation
- Contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org