Reporting to the Office of the Assistant Vice-President, Labour Relations, the Department of Faculty Relations supports excellence in teaching and research by providing professional services that promote and facilitate positive relationships on matters related to academic employment at York.
The mandate of Faculty Relations includes provision of the following services:
Contract negotiations related to the YUFA, OHFA, CUPE 3903 Units 1,2,3 and 4, OPSEU 578 Units 1 and 2 collective agreements.
- Interpretation and administration of collective agreement provisions
- Acting as the University’s primary point of contact with all academic associations and unions
- Positive, solution-oriented dispute resolution
- Professional development support for academic community members to assist in the achievement of career objectives
- Confidential assistance with immigration and relocation matters connected to new academic employment at York
Academic Collective Agreements
The current Academic Collective Agreements can be found here