Geographic Resource Centre (GRC)
The Geographic Resource Centre (GRC) located in S403 Ross provides research and study facilities for students in the Department.
Students have access to a collection of reference tools which includes:
- Reserved readings for select current Geography courses
- A collection of over 10,000 maps both topographic and thematic with emphasis on Canada and more specifically southern Ontario - Map Collection
- A collection of geographic books, select geographic journals, DVDs, and atlases - ResourceMate. Some unique highlights of the collection include; Geological Survey of Canada Reports; the Census of Canada, and a variety of tree and plant identification manuals
- All the theses and research papers produced in the Department from 1967 to the present -Thesis
- Publications by current and past faculty members of the Department of Geography - Publications
- Aerial photographs of Southern Ontario and Canada - Aerial Photographs - List of our Collection
- Slides of Southern Ontario, Canada, USA and other parts of the World Slides
- Historical Road Maps
- Syllabi from geography courses (1970 to present) and supplemental calendars (since 1980) are also available and provide a historic context to the Geography programs
The Centre provides large tables and seating for quiet individual and group study. It also offers a relaxed and informal atmosphere for all students in the Department to meet, exchange ideas, and study.
Computers are available for student's use to allow for researching, and working with materials from the collection as well as access to digital course material. These computers have internet access and MS Office software.
Contact Us: email@example.com