CIFAL York offers graduate and undergraduate students with internship, field placement and experiential learning opportunities. Established in 2020, CIFAL York aims to provide a range of learning opportunities and facilitate knowledge sharing between public servants and leaders at local-International levels for strengthening their capacities, improving the decision-making process, and encouraging sustainable development.
CIFAL York has five major focusing areas rooted at York University values and strengths. They include:
- Health, Development, Environment & Climate Change;
- Disaster Risk, Emergency Management and Humanitarian Actions;
- Entrepreneurship, Digital Technology and Economic Development;
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and
- Advancing the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
CIFAL York is administered by an executive team including, director, associate director, and operations manager. The operations are guided by an advisory board consisting of York University President, Vice President and representatives from UNITAR, and local, provincial and federal government, NGOs, and private sector. Our training and knowledge sharing activities are guided by several technical advisory committees.
During the internship, students will be engaged in a number of training and knowledge sharing activities.
This internship/experiential education program will provide an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to be part of the development and management of training and knowledge sharing projects related to the above focusing areas. These projects are developed in collaboration with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), other CIFAL Network Centers, governmental, non-governmental, and private sector organizations from Canada and internationally, where you will be communicating with several stakeholders at different levels.
Your role may involve planning, designing and executing different programs, while identifying and recruiting participants, as well as coordinating and organizing different training programs. Additionally, you will be coordinating with UN organizations and other agencies in promoting the training programs beyond Canada. In doing so, your role may involve, but not limited to:
- Under the mentorship of CIFAL York’s executive team, contribute to meet CIFAL York programs’ targets and objectives;
- Liaise with different administrative units, UN agencies and other stakeholders on matters related to the mandate of the Centre;
- Identify potential instructors, speakers and presenters for assigned training and knowledge sharing project(s);
- Contact and communicate with potential collaborators/stakeholders;
- Conduct training needs assessment based on CIFAL York advisory committees’ recommendations;
- Conduct training evaluation assessment based on UNITAR guidelines;
- Ensure the completion and accuracy of all relevant forms and paperwork for the assigned projects;
- Assist with the development of marketing and promotional activities for the Centre’s programs;
- Assist with recruiting and supporting potential participants for different training programs;
- Assist with effective registration related processes including application processing, program registration, placement in courses, etc.;
- Provide recommendations regarding the development and execution of training and knowledge sharing programs;
- Attend CIFAL York’s internship team weekly meetings to report key issues and opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply for CIFAL York internship opportunities please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A latest version of your CV/Resume
- A cover email indicating your target start and end dates
- Please include in the subject line: "CIFAL Internship".