Service Note: For information about York University’s Microsoft Office 365 project please visit http://office365.info.yorku.ca/.
University Information Technology (UIT) is pleased to announce that Microsoft is making Office 365 Education freely available to all currently active full and part-time York U students, staff and faculty for home and personal computers.
Microsoft’s program allows eligible users to download and install Microsoft Office 365 Education on up to 5 PCs or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Android, iPad(R), and Windows tablets. Microsoft Office 365 Education includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. Microsoft also provides access to a limited amount of file storage on their OneDrive cloud service.
To take advantage of this free offer, follow these instructions*:
- Go to https://portal.office.com/
- Enter your Passport York username with @yorku.ca - e.g. email@example.com. See image illustrating use of @yorku.ca instead of @my.yorku.ca.
- If you see a pop-up stating "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?". Click on "Work or school account".
- Enter your Passport York password.
- On the right hand side of your screen click on "Install Office 365".
- Follow the on screen instructions.
* For mobile platforms such as iOS and Android, once you login to https://portal.office.com/ you will be directed to download Office 365 from the Apple Store or Google Play Store respectively.
York is pleased to offer Microsoft Office 365 Education Suite to its active students, faculty and staff. For further support and information, please visit Microsoft's resource page.