Get your YU-card quick and easy!
Are you a new York community member? Check out the online photo upload tool to submit a photo that will appear on your York University photo ID. Follow the guidelines below to get started!
YU-card Approval Guide:
To apply for your YU-card please review the following requirements and upload a passport style photo for your photo ID.
- Taken in front of a plain white solid background (no bricks/patterns/objects).
- Clear, sharp and in focus.
- Photo must be in colour and reflect true to life tones.
- Natural facial expression (but feel free to smile!) with no hats or sunglasses.
- Uniform lighting without shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera.
- Photo must not be digitally altered or taken with filters.
Format & Size
- File Format: Images must be jpg.
- File Size: Images must be under 5 MB and minimum 500 px high x 500 px wide.
Sample of Rejected Photos
Sample of Accepted Photos
Double-Check! After submitting your photo, the YU-card Office will contact you with your next steps. Make sure you double-check all instructions before submitting for quick approval.