The YU-card is your VIP pass to campus life. Take good care of it, but know we’ve got your back. In the event that you lose your YU-card, freeze your account immediately to protect your funds. You are responsible for all card activity until the account is frozen, so be sure to act quickly.
Deactivate a Lost or Stolen card
- Deactivate your YU-card online at any time using eAccounts
- Notify the YU-card Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (416) 736-5674 during business hours
- If your card is authorized for secure door access please notify email@example.com.
Be sure to double and triple check for your YU-card before getting it replaced. Replacement fees are non refundable and old cards are retired permanently once they are replaced.
Visit the YU-card Office to obtain a replacement card. If your card was turned in to our office, we'll return it to you. If not, a new card will be printed.
- There is a $30 replacement fee to obtain a new student YU-card
- To protect your identity, please be sure to bring government issued photo ID and present your student/employee number
- An updated photo will be taken on site if the one on file is greater than 12 months or no longer reflects your current appearance
NOTICE: In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, replacement are limited to those with on-campus needs and serviced by appointment only at this time.
If your YU-card has an expiry date of April 30 of this year printed on the front, and if you are continuing your studies in the next Summer or Fall/Winter sessions, you may obtain a free replacement card. To protect your identity, please be sure to bring government issued photo ID.
Please note that your Library privileges will continue to function with your current YU-card until August 30 of the year of expiry.
To obtain an updated YU-card:
- Enroll in courses in either the upcoming Summer or Fall/Winter sessions. You cannot obtain a new YU-card until you've enrolled.*
- Bring your current YU-card and government issued photo ID to the YU-card Office 24 hours after you've enrolled.
- New photo taken in our office (required, if the photo on file is over 12 months old or no longer reflects your current appearance).
*You may be asked to provide your course time table to verify enrollment.
NOTICE: In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, YU-card renewals are currently not required at this time. If you are enrolled in courses or on an active contract, your YU-card will continue to function until further notice.
- For employee YU-card replacements and renewals, the YU-card Office must verify your information with HR Records before issuing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before booking an appointment.
- For student YU-cards, the legal name shown on your government issued must match our records. If you have changed your name or your name is not correct, please update your official name.
- If you had door access on your previous card, please contact email@example.com with your new card information to transfer privileges.
200 William Small Centre
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, ON M3J1P3
Office: Open for in-person support by appointment only.
Monday to Friday
8:45am - 4:00pm