Opportunity: Data Analyst
The Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research at York University is hiring a data analyst for a project-based, limited, part-time contract. The successful applicant will be a current graduate student or will hold a master’s degree. They will join the SSHRC-funded project, ‘The Role of Digital Technologies in Local Food Security During Covid-19 and Beyond: A Study of Smallholder Farmers in Odisha, India.’ The data analyst will perform quantitative data analysis on a large data set. This position will take place over the Winter 2021 semester. The expected start date is 1 February 2021.
- Quantitative data analysis skills (thorough knowledge of SPSS, Excel, or other quantitative analysis software).
- Ability to perform basic tasks such as data cleaning and coding and complex analyses including logistical regression analysis.
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
- Registered as a full-time graduate student at York University OR holds a master’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of issues related to small-scale agriculture, food security, and/or the food-health nexus.
- Previous experiencing working in, or with partners based in, India.
Interested applicants should submit their Application Package, including your current résumé (max 2 pages), cover letter (max 1 page), and contact details of 2 referees via this form https://dighr.apps01.yorku.ca/machform/view.php?id=53126. Your résumé should clearly reflect how you meet the posted qualifications. The deadline to apply is 5 February at 12pm EST, or until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
If you have any questions, please email us at: email@example.com with Attention: Dr. Rhonda Ferguson.
|Global Health Foresighting|
|Data Science, Infectious Disease|
You may also be interested in...
Dr. Amrita Daftary featured in Podcast discussing stigma and TB
Dr. Amrita Daftary, Faculty Member here at the Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research, was recently featured on the "Everybody...
Read more about this Post
Dahdaleh Institute Presents: PhD Symposium
December 9 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm The Dahdaleh Institute will be hosting a PhD Symposium, showcasing the current...
Read more about this Event
Opportunity: Two Postdoctoral Fellowship positions in mathematical/statistical modelling of the COVID-19 pandemic
Background During different phases of the COVID-19 pandemic, real-time delivery of reliable and comprehensive information is critical to predict spread...
Read more about this Post